Future Proof Your Firm
How is your firm confronting the challenges of the digital future? Do you have the tools you need to succeed?
AbacusMAXIMUS will help you navigate the path forward by exploring the latest developments in technology and practice management. Connect with industry experts and thought leaders, as well as other firms from all over the country and receive unmatched training and educational resources for all members of your firm–from owners and partners to back office staff.
Join us for an unforgettable event and discover what you need to Take the Bull by the Horns!
Connect with thought leaders and experts from your profession.
Monday, July 9 - Wednesday, July 11
Here are a few things you can be sure and look forward to at AbacusMAXIMUS :
- Opening Reception Monday evening, July 9
- Two full days of sessions including Keynotes, Trainings, and Breakout Tracks, July 10-11
- Available CPE / CLE credits
- Exhibition Hall packed with great offerings from AbacusNext, Sponsors, and Partners
- Tour-the-Globe dinner event on Tuesday evening July 10 that you won't want to miss
All-Access Tickets are on sale now for $595
Cadence Preferred, CEO
Brent Johnson is the former head of marketing at Ancestry.com, director of marketing at Microsoft, and co-founder and CEO of Cadence Preferred, a top-tier marketing agency for Microsoft and its partners.
Cadence Preferred has developed over 100 sales and marketing courses that are available on Microsoft’s Partner University website, and Brent has personally trained partners across the US and Canada, Europe, Asia, and Australia. In this session, you will learn how you can grow leads 3x, even with limited time and budget. Discover proven actions to get more sales opportunities. Plus learn about free & low-cost tools that can help.
Dawn Brolin is a Certified Public Accountant and Managing Member of Powerful Accounting, LLC – a nationally recognized accounting, tax and consulting firm. With more than sixteen years in the field, Dawn has in-depth accounting expertise, coupled with a personal understanding of the challenges of running a business.
As a speaker, Dawn brings her entertaining style and rock star energy to audiences. Dawn has been featured on MSNBC’s “Your Business” and shared her experience at national conferences including Scaling New Heights, QBConnect, Spark & Hustle, Live Your Legacy, and more. She’s also a contributing author on the book The World’s Most Inspiring Accountants.
The Sleeter Group, Founder
Doug Sleeter is a passionate leader of innovation and change in the small business accounting technology world. As a CPA firm veteran and former Apple Computer Evangelist, he melded his two great passions (accounting and technology) to guide developers in the innovation of new products and to educate and lead accounting professionals who serve small businesses.
In 2017, Doug was inducted into The CPA Practice Advisor Hall of Fame in the accounting profession. He was also named to Accounting Today's "Top 100 Most Influential People in Accounting" each year 2008 through 2015. In 2013, he was recognized by Small Business Trends with the Small Business Influence Champion award. Always in search of the next big thing, he is currently focusing on digital currencies and blockchain technology, which he believes will change virtually everything in global commerce.
Retired FBI Special Agent
Jeff Lanza is a nationally renowned speaker on the topics of cybercrime, leadership, crisis communication, ethics, identity theft, body language and more. His program on the topic of leadership integrity has been certified for education credits across the United States.
Jeff was head of operations security for the Kansas City FBI and a graduate of the world-renowned John E. Reid School of Interviewing and Interrogation. He is a certified FBI instructor and has trained numerous government agencies and corporate clients on how to interpret and project body language for more effective interpersonal communication.
The Wild Institute, Founder
Chris Heeter was selected as a Top Ten Speaker of 2014 by MeetingsNet, and was the highest rated speaker of Meeting Professional International's 2014 World Education Congress. She is out to create a Wild revolution in the workplace. A wilderness guide since 1984 and professional speaker since 2001, Chris has led and worked with a diverse array of teams, both canine and human!
Combining business expertise with hilarious stories from her sled dog team and from guiding whitewater trips, Chris challenges and inspires organizations and individuals toward Wild leadership, compassionate presence, and daring authenticity.
Earn Continuing Professional Education (CPE) or Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits at AbacusMAXIMUS with in-depth training tracks built to take your firm to the next level. Some of the topics that will be covered are:
- Project Tracking and Workflow – Setup and Configuration
- Project Tracking and Workflow – Usage and Functionality
- Time and Billing – Setup and Configuration
- Time and Billing – Usage and Functionality
- eSignatures and the Client Portal
- OfficeTools Tips and Tricks
- Getting Started with APX and Billing
- Creating a Perfect New Case Workflow
- Handling Hourly and Flat Fee Billing
- Quick and Easy Time Tracking
- From Trust Deposits to Reconciliations
- Reporting Must-Haves
- Never Miss a Deadline with Abacus Rules
- Mission Control—Getting the Most Out of Your Dashboard
- Workflow Automation: Utilizing Linked Events and Precedents
- Amicus Tailor-Made to Your Firms Needs
- Streamlining File Intake Procedures
- Advantage of Matter-based Document Management
- Saving Time with Automated Document Assembly
- Billing, from Setup to Advanced Functions
- Becoming a Power User: Usage and Functionality
- Customizing the ResultsCRM Interface by User Role
- When QuickBooks and ResultsCRM Talk
- Automated Email Marketing, Powered by ResultsCRM
- ResultsCRM Tips and Tricks/Ask Us Anything
- Introduction to HotDocs
- HotDocs Developer: Template Authoring Tips and Tricks
- HotDocs Author: Template Authoring Masterclass
- Integrating HotDocs: Benefits and Current Trends
- Harnessing HotDocs: Best Practice Use Cases
- HotDocs: Ask the Experts
- HotDocs Roadmap
- AI and Document Automation: The Story So Far
- Migrating to PowerPM Hosted Solution
- Reserving against Work-in-Process
- TrakTime Central: Better Time and Billing for QuickBooks
* Speakers and Sessions subject to change
July 9 - 11, 2018
Planet Hollywood · Las Vegas
breakout sessions, panels, and more
With Keynotes from thought leaders across Accounting, Legal, IT and Cybersecurity spaces, breakaway sessions and product training tracks centered around giving you everything you need to succeed, and an Exhibitor Hall packed with tools to help your grow your firm, you are guaranteed to win big in Las Vegas this time.
* Speakers and Schedule subject to change
WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS...
Tickets & Hotel
July 9 - 11 | Planet Hollywood | Las Vegas
All-Access Tickets to AbacusMAXIMUS 2018 User Conference are priced at $595.
Once your tickets are set, take advantage of our Hotel Room Block Pricing!